Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's in the bag..................

I was lookin' out my front door, just mindin' my own business.

A neighbor of mine was walkin' by, in the company of his dog.

I sensed that an "event" was imminent, so I stayed vigilant.

Sure enough, the dog stopped, squatted and did his business

right there at the edge of my yard.

"OK good neighbor", I said to myself, "Do your doody, uh, duty."

He removed a plastic bag from his pocket.

He stooped and collected the poop.

He tied the bag.

And dropped it on my lawn...

Then he and his dog went on their way.

I couldn't believe what I had just seen.

I vaulted from our porch and made a beeline for the

discarded deposit.

I picked it up and semi-sprinted after them.

I yelled, "Hey! You forgot somethin'!!!"

He turned...saw me...and yelled back, "It's OK!!!"

"No it's not!!!", and I caught up with him in front of my neighbor

John's house.

I'm normally not confrontational, but I just couldn't let this slide.

"What, huh, huh, huh, do, huh, huh, huh, you, huh, huh, huh,

think you're doin'???, I wheezed.

"Oh, I just bag up my dog's stuff and pick it up when we walk back by..."

So, now I'm standing there, holding a bag of poop that's not even

from my own dog, and I'm wonderin', "Should I just carry it

back to my yard and drop it where I found it and trust him to

remember to pick it up when he walks by again? Should I insist

that he take it with him tell him to never leave a bag of poop

in my yard in the future?"

I made a decision. One that I think would make my Dad proud.

I dropped the bag in John's yard.

John saw this from the seat of his ridin' lawn mower, and looked at

me in a most puzzled manner.

I yelled to him, "It's OK!!!"

I ran back home faster than I arrived....





No comments:

Post a Comment