Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sanctity of the sea......

I learned this week of a little habit that my bride has.

And it's because of a little habit that I have.

Whenever we go to the beach, I strike a particular pose.

I lace my fingers together and place my hands on top of my head.

And I stare at the ocean.

And she takes a photo of me.  Many photos of me.

I see the ocean as all powerful. Infinite.

I see God's presence in it.

I don't know exactly why I stand like this on the shore.

But, in looking at the photos of myself, I'm struck by the

similarity of my pose with that of someone who is

surrendering.

When you surrender, you quit fighting.

When you surrender, you turn yourself over to someone else.

When you surrender, you rely on the provisions of another.

I think I just gave myself a sermon...




1 comment: