Saturday, July 5, 2014

It's supposed to be easier.......

Technology is amazing. No doubt about it. No contest.

Most of the time.

But not when you're a guy.

Grocery shoppin'.

By yourself.

I'll go out to run some errands and I'll offer to stop

by the grocery store. We'll need milk and peanut butter.

By the time I get to the store, 17 new items will have

been texted to me.

Stuff we need, but not how much we need.

Stuff we need, but not what kind we need.

Stuff we need, but not what brand we need.

I craft a reply.

12 or 18 eggs?

Regular ground beef, lean ground beef, or extra lean

ground beef?

Duke's or Hellman's?

I'll hit "Send" on my text.  Then I wait.

By the time I get a response, I've gotten impatient

and am at the farthest point from the item in question.

Every. Single. Time.

I do follow one rule with every trip to the grocery store

whether it is on the list or not.

Always buy bacon...




1 comment:

  1. I love this. You and my husband should have coffee to compare notes. Wait, that might not be a good idea. :) We had the same problem, so now my family uses the AnyList app (IOS). We share it, and everyone has a hand in adding items to the list. We even go so far as indicating size, brand, and in my "choosy" daughter's case, even the color of the package! We can save our most-used items as favorites so that info doesn't have to be re-typed every time. It has been a life saver!

    ReplyDelete