Monday, July 21, 2014

Family reunion......

Marianne and I returned home late last night from a four day trip

to Tennessee.

Last Thursday was spent in Knoxville visiting Barbara, one of

Marianne's cousins on her Mother's side of the family.

The rest of the weekend was in Springfield and Murfreesboro.

Her Father's side of things met at Bob's place.

Four generations under the same roof, and although the Robertson

County Sheriff's Department and Tennessee State Police were placed

on high alert, there was no need for their services.

Chattin', laughin' and eatin'....Not necessarily in that order, and

generally in unison.

There were tears as well. Not everyone at a family reunion

is physically present.

It had been a while since everyone had been together, and so

some "reintroductions" were in order. The kids had grown taller

than their parents. And the kids had had kids of their own.

Somewhere along the way of this family getting bigger,

they accepted me into their fold.

What's the old saying? "You don't just marry the person,

you marry the family..."

I'm glad they said, "I do."







1 comment:

  1. Bill, I've been out in the world, travellin' around for about four weeks, and I haven't had a chance to read your blog posts lately. This is the first one that I've read since getting home, and it just so happens that I was returning from a large family reunion that was held on Saturday up in Canada! You really do "get it", don't ya! Please never stop writing and sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete