Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy Birthday to me......

I turned 60 years old today. Some dear friends sent me a sweet birthday card

that reminded me that "It's just a number. It's a BIG number, but still just a

number..."

I typed "turning 60" into Google. In 34/100th of a second, it returned

209,000,000 results.

I know people who refuse to admit their age. Like somehow, if they don't

say it out loud, it isn't reality. I have embraced it. I like the sound of it.

Christie Brinkley, the supermodel who graced the cover of the Sports

Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1980 is 60.

Jackie Chan is 60.

Oprah is 60.

Jerry Seinfeld is 60.

And.......Ron Howard is 60.  Did you catch that? Opie is 60.

I'm in great company.

I read the other day that at a press conference with all of the ACC head

football coaches, Duke's David Cutcliffe was the only one who could

name all of the Beatles. He's 59. That's just plain sad.

I almost feel sorry for the younger folks.

I am 60.

What a wonderful number.









2 comments: