Monday, July 14, 2014

Pint sized perspective......


I had a very full day today. Jetted up to Philadelphia, then drove to

Wilmington, Delaware to assist in a training seminar for an eight

station radio group, Delmarva Broadcasting. The training involved how

to conduct their radiothon to benefit the Nemours/DuPont Children's

Hospital there.

A great team of professionals who "get" it, and it felt so good to

feel like a member of a team like that again...

I met a Mom with a nineteen year old daughter who has degenerative

liver disease.

I met a Mom with two sons, a one year old and a seven year old.

Both kids have Muscular Dystrophy.

You wanna feel better about your bad hair day, or how hot

it is, or you're bummed because the girl at Starbucks messed up your order?

Take a walk through a children's hospital sometime.

We all need to fill a prescription of perspective...






                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       




1 comment:

  1. Amen. I could not have said it better. Thank you Bill for all your hard work for Duke Children's Hospital. My family has never had to use the Children's Hospital, and for that, I am very thankful. But, I'm also thankful to know it's there if I ever do. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete