Saturday, May 24, 2014

I plead "No Contest" to her subconscious....

It was before dawn, when I heard Marianne's voice.

"I don't want you touching me!!!"

"Huh? Whaaaa?"

"You ripped a bandage off of me!!!  Really hard!!!"

I'm lyin' there only semi-semi-conscious, and I'm thinkin'....

"When did I DO that?" I tried to remember any injuries she may have sustained recently.

I came up blank. What kind of husband forgets that his wife has been injured?

My mind spun as fast as my mind can spin prior to my morning blast of caffeine.

We had done yardwork yesterday, I thought. Nope. That wasn't it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh........I had hurt her in her dream...

Marianne's dreams are very real and she can recall them for decades.

I am responsible for any errors that I commit in her dreams.

I am responsible for any errors that I commit when she's awake.

I remember that time Salma Hayek and I were makin' out in our kitchen.

Oh, wait.....That was MY dream.

And...apparently....I am responsible for errors I commit in my own dreams.

Note to self... If I ever wake up again with a great big ol' smile on my face...LIE.



No comments:

Post a Comment