Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Daddy/Daughter Date Night......

We were driving to Durham to attend the Brian Regan comedy show at DPAC,

when our daughter Jessica piped up from the back seat. "Hey Dad!!!  Eddie Izzard's

coming to DPAC!"

"He is???"

"Yeah!  May 21st!!!"

"Hmmmm....Well don't we already have a Daddy/Daughter Date Night planned for May 21st?"

"Oh yeah...."  She sounded more than a bit disappointed...

I watched her in the rear view mirror.

I saw the moment that the light bulb illuminated.

"Are we goin' to see Eddie?!?!? We're goin' to see Eddie!!! We're goin' to see Eddie!!!"

She shrieked this while pounding my right shoulder with her fist.

And while I was motoring at 70 mph on the 540 Expressway...

Tonight was the night.  Dinner and a show with my beautiful and talented Jessica...

I love it when a plan comes together...


No comments:

Post a Comment