Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The odds aren't good.......

My success rate is pretty low....Maybe 33%...so one outta three. As a batter in baseball, that would be pretty good.
But, for leaving the house, not so much.
There's always somethin' missing. Or forgotten.
I get out to the car and realize I've forgotten my keys.
I get out to the car and realize I've forgotten my phone.
I get out to the car and realize I've forgotten my wife.
You get the picture.
Sometimes I even get away from the house when a naggin' voice whispers in my head...
"Did you shut the garage door?"
"Did you turn off the coffee maker?"
"Did you leave the TV tuned to "Animal Planet" for Roxy and Sophie?" (Just kiddin'. They prefer The Cartoon Network ...)
Years ago we were driving to Hilton Head for vacation...All excited about a week at the beach stayin' for free in a relative's home...Three hours into the trip, I turned to Marianne and asked, "You've got the key, right?"
Negative.
Drove back home. Went in. Came out in 7 seconds with the key. Headed back to Hilton Head.
And the nagging voice whispered in my head.
"Did you lock the door when you left with the key?"

No comments:

Post a Comment