Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pollen and some perspective......

It's the time of year when we all drive a yellow car. It's a symptom of Spring here in North Carolina. Should make us happy. Especially after the s'nasty Winter we endured. We like the sunshine and the warmth, but that yellow stuff???
We don't like it.
In fact, we hate it.
The Bradford Pear Trees?
Well, they're pretty, but they stink.
Warmer weather here means higher humidity, and I know many who are already dissin' the looming  "Bad Hair Days".
Sometimes it's as if we're not happy unless we're complaining about something...
Then there's my friend Chris.
"How you doin' Chris?"
"I'm blessed. How are you?"
Blessed???  Huh???
Chris was diagnosed last Fall with ALS, also know as Lou Gehrig's Disease.
There is no cure for ALS.
Blessed?
Chris has a beautiful wife, Anna.
Blessed.
Chris has two bright eyed children.
Blessed.
Chris sees things differently than you and I.
Blessed.
Marianne and I spent time with him and his family in downtown Raleigh today for the Triangle Walk To Defeat ALS...
He makes me laugh.  He makes me think.
I need a lot less "perturbed" and a whole lot more "perspective"...
I need to feel "blessed".....because I am.







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a reminder, now and then, to re-focus on what is actually the important stuff.

    Keep up the great bloggin', Bill!

    ReplyDelete