Sunday, February 8, 2015

A day with the Coach....

I don't remember the day in great detail.

I was playing golf on Pinehurst #4, an absolute gem.

The sky was a vivid Carolina blue.

Only fitting, as my playing partner was Dean Smith.

Since the news broke this morning of his passing, I've

been trying to bring him back in my mind.

Here's the big stuff of what I remember of those five

hours we spent together.

He was a competitor, and took great joy in telling me about being

the golf coach at the Air Force Academy.

He was patient. Especially with me, as I was a three putting machine.

He was gracious to all he met, and he met a lot of guys that day.

He had a good sense of humor. (Reference my putting comment)

He did not cuss. I don't remember a single four letter word.

He was first class. All the way.

Rest In Peace, Coach.







No comments:

Post a Comment